Tuesday, September 10, 2013

our carousel wedding

















I'm so very thankful for second chances...
For being able to marry to my best friend, who is the best travel partner ever...
For our amazing Friends & Family, who love us so much...
And, for a simple fun wedding!!!

We didn't go to the chapel, instead we went to the Dentzel Carousel. Our wedding was one of the most fun things I've ever done!!! And, I'm proud to say that we did it all ourselves, with the help of our friends & family. My business partner Angela & her husband Brad helped us coordinate everything, & The Glicco's baked Derek's grandmother's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. All of the flowers came from my parents farm, & my mom helped with the arranging. Patrick's parents picked and shelled the pecans for my pecan pies. I grew the succulents for my bouquet & Patrick's boutonniere, and everyone was welcomed to the big event with a sidewalk chalk message drawn by Kim. Oh yeah, I was the wedding photographer, and Angela & Kim took the pics of Patrick & I. I highly recommend a do it yourself wedding!!! DIY projects are so much more fun than meeting with caterers and wedding coordinators. All along Patrick was worried that I would have a breakdown over this wedding, but that never happened. He now knows this is just what I do, & he had as much fun as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment