Sunday, October 20, 2013

kennedy prints | kentuck festival of arts











October is  my favorite part of the year, the time when I make my annual trip to Northport Alabama & the Kentuck Festival of Arts.  Over the years I have gotten to know many of the artist and the best part is that I now call many friends.  This year, I finally got the chance to meet Amos Paul Kennedy Jr. of Kennedy Prints.  Mr. Kennedy is a character... and I mean that in the best possible way.  Of course his prints are wonderful, but he's what keeps you lingering.  There's no shortage of laughter & fun in his booth. 

I was very excited to try my hand at printing, and to be able to walk away with a poster that I printed.  I also bought the "Okra is the People's Vegetable" poster.  I believe it sums up my summer, and the massive amounts of okra we ate around here!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just started watching a documentary on him, and it's very interesting! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i251DDffUzY#t=268

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He's full of smiles and jokes. So fun to be around!!!

      Delete